|Like The Queen
Whatever happens to strike my fancy, but surely some sort of fiber content.
Hey, I missed it! Happy After-Birthday!
Bess dear, I am sending you late birthday wishes. A bit behind on the blog reading and had to stop and let you know that you're one year more wonderful than before. Birthdays are such magical days, it's no wonder they are only allowed to come once a year for they'd be a lot less special if they were every day.
Glad you had a lovely birthday! Looking forward to hearing about how the auction went, and to seeing you on the 3rd for the adoption ceremony! ;-)
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Friday, September 22, 2006 My Dearest Ones! Thank you for all the happy birthday wishes. They all came true, for it was a fabulously happy birthday. I worked hard all day on Auction Duties and have a nicely checked off TTD List. Darling friends and family, well aware of my No Yarn or Fiber Oath, gifted me with Yarn!!! (Thank you L and BD - photos when I come back after vacation.) Flowers were delivered to my desk. I was dined, and dined, for BH took me to lunch and BD took me to dinner. Love, tenderness, and all round happy day feelings filled all 24 hours.
But you must know that my mind is still heavily focused on TheAuction. Here's the TTDL status as of 10:01 Friday:
2. Call C and get 2 teenage girls to carry items to successful bidders
3. Get details about what we can use in school cafeteria and what we can’t.
4. Collect ticket money from two banks, Helen, Joanne, BH
5. Call caterer with final headcount
6. Call D about flowers
7. Get final list of items Friday a.m.
9. Call TG, AA, SB and son about moving things from storage to site
10. Give maintenance man final table count - and move tables from library
12. Get 2 husky fellows to move television from J’s house to storage unit
13. Finish up auction program- worked on it
15. Write up tip-sheet for radio interviewer - do radio interview at 8 a.m. on Friday!!
16. Renumber auction items to spread best items throughout auction
17. Make up Silent Auction sheets - after above is done - give to staff
18. Make up index cards for renumbered items
19. Supervise moving everything from storage to auction site
20. Ditto laying out items for auction - but there are 4-6 folk to do that, and I’m not a control freak
21. Have fun at the Spaghetti Supper and Auction
22. Supervise closing up shop
23. Skip out the door with glee - I’ll be on VACATION
Cheers to all. posted by Bess | 9:53 AM